I upgrade my AVG 2011 to 2012 two days ago, unfortunately I keep getting vprot.exe crashed error message when I reboot my laptop, I reboot my pc several times, each time I get this crash error: Vprot.exe application has stopped working. Vprot.exe 32 process is crashing. How to fix this problem? Is vprot.exe a pc virus?
Vprot.exe is a legitimate file related to AVG Anti-Virus 2012 software. The file size is 215880 bytes, the default installed directory is: C:\program files\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe. the AVG anti-virus was developed by AVG Technologies .
Please follow the bellow steps to fix vprot.exe issues:
- Download Wise PC Doctor from:
- Run Wise PC Doctor to fix the Vprot.exe related error.
- Click Start-àRun, type Msconfig press ENTER.
- Click the General tab, Check "Selective Startup" and clear the Load Startup Items check box.
- Click the Services tab, Enable the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
- Click OK.
- Restart your pc
- Uninstall AVG anti-virus
- Reinstall AVG anti-virus and update the virus definition database.
If the above steps didn’t work, please download another free anti-virus software: avast anti-virus to instead of AVG anti-virus.
How to Run Wise PC Doctor to repair your computer:
1. Download Wise PC Doctor with this download link
2. Install Wise PC Doctor.
3. Click "One-Click Fix", do a complete scan for your computer.
4. Click “Repair All” to fix all detected problems.